Cleveland Guardians Home Opener Parking Restrictions
The Cleveland Guardians will take on the Seattle Mariners at Progressive Field on Friday, April 7, 2023, at 4:10 p.m.
April 6, 2023 — The City of Cleveland welcomes baseball fans as the Cleveland Guardians take the field against the Seattle Mariners this Friday, April 7, 2023, at 4:10 p.m. for the 2023 Home Opener! The City of Cleveland encourages those visiting downtown to take advantage of all the city has to offer in dining and entertainment and to plan accordingly for increased traffic, both pedestrian and vehicular.
Visitors can take advantage of public transportation or carpooling to ease traffic congestion.
Those who plan to ride with the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority can take advantage of free parking at select GCRTA locations and enjoy safe rides to and from the ballpark.
The City of Cleveland Bureau of Traffic will have traffic controllers in place at key intersections to maximize traffic flow. The City of Cleveland encourages those planning to consume alcohol to designate a sober driver or utilize public transportation. In addition, those who choose to park downtown are encouraged to leave valuable items at home or place them in the trunk of their vehicle and out of plain view to discourage thefts from vehicles.
Parking restrictions will be in effect on Friday, April 7, 2023, beginning at 1 p.m. Those parked illegally will be towed.
Parking restrictions include:
- East 4th Street from Prospect Avenue to Huron Road, both sides
- Bolivar Avenue from E. 7 to E. 14th Street, both sides
- West Huron Road from Ontario Street to West Superior Avenue
- East 9th Street from Carnegie Avenue to Superior Avenue, both sides
- Prospect Avenue from East 14th Street to Ontario Street, both sides
- Huron Road between Ontario Street and Prospect Avenue, both sides
- Carnegie Avenue from East 14th Street to East 9th Street, both sides
- The Warehouse District Parking Ban will be in effect from 10 p.m. – 4 a.m.
Have fun, stay safe, and GO GUARDIANS!!